Change Management Consultant
JPI has an opening for a Senior Organizational Change Management Consultant with ten to 15 years of organizational transformation/change management consulting and project management experience, and at least eight years of relevant experience in direct support of Federal government customer organizations. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients to ensure large-scale multi-year transformation projects are provided expertise and leadership, and delivered on time and within budget.
- Work closely with senior customers, program teams and stakeholders. Must be able to build rapport and credibility to establish a trusted advisor / partner relationship with individuals across levels within complex organizations.
- Leverage prior experience and adapt quickly in understanding and advising on change management strategies to help:
- Define the clients vision for change
- Clearly identify and articulate a narrative for change for leadership and stakeholders
- Identify gaps between current and future organizational design
- Anticipate and mitigate potential roadblocks across the organization
- Support leaders in championing change through their organization.
- Apply tools and frameworks to support improved client future-state organizational design and alignment
- Define activities to support change and transition initiatives
- Facilitating clients through working sessions and solution development for complex issues.
- Documenting and working senior/ executive level client meetings and exercises
- Mapping and evaluating business processes, making recommendations for improvement and managing implementation of recommendations.
- Direct the development and execution of communication plans
- Developing and executing strategic plans and action plans
- Designing and implementing organizational governance structures.
- Developing meeting and briefing materials, including agendas, meeting minutes, briefings, and talking points
- Drafting business case analyses, reports, whitepapers, and other complex documents
- Performing data analysis, performance measurement, and quantitative and qualitative metrics development.
- Coordinating all parties to tasks and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Identifying risks to the trajectory of the project and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifying issues and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Must have 10+ years organizational transformation/change management consulting experience and at least eight years project management as well as relevant experience in direct support of a Federal government department or agency.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, communications or a related field
- Hands-on experience supporting large, complex programs and supporting program management offices
- Understanding of developing change management methodologies (ADKAR).
- Prosci Change Management Certification
- Experience leading teams and coaching junior employees
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools)
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in building and managing client relationships
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven, process oriented environment
- Proficiency in and hands on use of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite required
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Ability to recognize new business development opportunities.
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.