JPI has an opening for a Communications Consultant with three to five years strategic and executive communications, change management or marketing experience. This position will be working with US Coast Guard clients to develop and implement internal and external communications plans, change management plans, and their associated products.
- Develop and maintain program stakeholder matrices.
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans and corresponding action plans.
- Develop key messages and content for communications deliverables.
- Develop new and maintain existing internal and external client communications deliverables including but not limited to talking points, fact sheets, briefings and briefing books, online content, internal announcements, brochures, white papers, presentations, and overview documents used at various external client events.
- Coordinate with USCG offices to produce multimedia products including but not limited to video.
- Perform data analysis as requested to assist with tracking industry trends and metrics for client to include scientific, performance, or cost studies.
- Coordinate, develop and track responses to requests for information from other government agencies.
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and exercises.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications or a related field.
- Experience in strategic communications planning, project management, and management consulting.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Client-based, consulting experience is required.
- Experience working with graphic designers is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings.
- Proven ability to support and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client and team relationships.
- Hands-on experience supporting large, complex programs and supporting program management offices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft Project desired.
- Strong, substantive writing experience and ability to provide a portfolio of products developed in prior positions (based on level of experience)
- Clearance: Ability to receive and maintain a Secret clearance