JPI is hiring an experienced Developer who has the experience necessary to help build out our existing automation infrastructure and trouble shoot problems as they arise. This position will support the design, creation and maintainability of automated testing systems. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of these systems.
- Provides minimally supervised support for difficult analysis and evaluation assignments
- Performs analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed processes, applications, systems, or software
- Oversee the development and installation of new software
- Ensure constant availability of technical resources
- Have knowledge to navigate inner workings of systems and environments and provide feedback to the testing team on system performance, error handling, and other key information other members of the test team are unable to observe
- Work with Quality Assurance Specialists and Test Support Specialists to ensure systems are tested end-to-end and all testing results are captured and presented in reports
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
- Proficiency with Server-side languages like Python and PHP
- Database technologies like MySQL and NOSQL
- Experience writing unit, functional, and performance tests
- Familiarity with API design and RESTful Service development
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work well in a collaborative team environment