Identity Management Consultant
JPI has an opening for an experienced Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) Engineer to provide technical guidance and subject matter expertise for development and integration of enterprise applications in the areas of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Multifactor Authentication (MFA), Application Authentication System (AppAuth), and other Identity Management solutions. This position will collaborate onsite with other DC-based Federal and contractor staff supporting a PMO within a federal agency.
Candidate should be familiar with the use of project schedules, technical briefing preparation, provide research and analysis of various ICAM activities and related subject matter, and maintain a high proficiency of ICAM physical and logical architecture subject matter. Support also includes, but is not limited to, development of framework, architecture, operational, procedural, policy, and governance documentation.
Engineering and Architecture Support (50%)
- Provide subject-matter-expertize supporting identity, credential, PKI, and access management including in-depth knowledge of the Federal ICAM Roadmap as well as knowledge of industry best practices.
- Provide technical consulting support for the agency ICAM Segment Architecture for current and target ICAM architectures.
- Provide ICAM engineering and architecture advisory services to support enterprise integration of the enterprise PIV validation and access control solution to support systems and applications across the enterprise.
- Provide clients with in-depth knowledge in ICAM including PK- and PIV-enablement of Windows and non-Windows domains, systems and applications; deployment and administration of Active Directory, ADFS and other federated claims-based authentication solutions.
- Support deployment and administration of derived PIV credentials for mobility solutions.
- Provide analysis related to the design, development, and integration of ICAM hardware and software and all system level requirements to provide an integrated ICAM solution.
Engagement Management (25%)
- Manage projects with clients and external stakeholders to establish vision for major system enhancement, federated access, and system integration projects
- Participate in Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) with stakeholders to address business and architecture for ICAM system integration
- Develop briefings to lead decision making on complex business and technology issues
- Contribute in conducting analysis-of-alternative (AoA) projects, rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates, and white papers
- Work with government and contract staff to ensure achievement of program and project goals and objectives within time and budget constraints
Project Management (25%)
- Provide guidance and writing for documentation such as technical policies, governance documents, project plans, schedules and other project management documentation, as well as architectural diagrams for identity, access management, PKI and related analysis and research papers.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Deliver in project settings that require a grasp of cross-functional subject matter, including people, processes, and technology aspects of change across multiple business units
- Provide proactive day-to-day client management support and advice on all assigned projects
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and work/track action items to completion
- 10+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale project management for IT projects that integrate multiple technologies related to identity, access management, PKI, and federation.
- Excellent client management skills supporting cross-functional teams including senior-level executives and staff, contractors, and other IT subject matter experts
- Proven ability to research and apply evolving industry best practices
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, management of program and leadership consultation and experience in supporting the day-to-day operations of a high-visibility program office
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills (proven comprehension of complex technologies and ability to speak and understand in technical terms)
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT-related field/equivalent experience or other related disciplines.
- Experience with Govt. identity and access management (ICAM) programs
- Experience working within a PMO team to support software application delivery
- Active DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) preferred