IT Project Manager
JPI has an immediate opening for an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager with a total of ten years' work experience, including at least three years with specialized experience supporting information technology projects. This position will work directly with US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) engineers and assist in developing and managing Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) projects to ensure on time and within budget delivery. CDM is an approach to strengthen cybersecurity of computer networks and systems and provides capabilities and tools that enable technical staff to know the state of their respective networks at any given time, understand the relative risks and threats, and help system personnel to identify and mitigate flaws at near-network speed.
- Provide exceptional customer service, client delivery, project management, and general advisory support to highly technical government clients and external vendors;
- Support the development and management of IT project plans, Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), including creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing schedules;
- Support the creation of IT project artifacts including software architecture diagrams, project charters, process guides, fact sheets, and correspondence, risk management plans, risk registers, and deployment plans;
- Manage and Update Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Technical Evaluation Management Plan (TEMP), Operational Readiness Reviews (ORRs);
- Supports the implementation of existing internal and external communications strategies, including controlling schedule;
- Develops meeting and briefing materials, including agendas, meeting minutes, briefings, presentations, memos, and talking points;
- Prepare documentation related to the design, engineering, deployment, operation, and maintenance of CDM and cyber security-related tools (software and hardware);
- Organize and consolidate risk assessments on different technologies used, to assist in determining and prioritizing remediation plans.
- Maintain knowledge of the Department of Homeland Security CDM program;
- Possess working knowledge of Information Security Continuous Monitoring framework, including supporting, techniques, applications and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or a related field;
- PMP or similar certification strongly;
- General knowledge of enterprise architecture methodologies;
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SharePoint and MS Project;
- Solid understanding of developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates);
- Exposure to ITIL, SELC, and PMBOK principles is preferred;
- DHS experience is a plus;
- Clearance: active DHS Public Trust/EOD preferred
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.