IT Project Manager
JPI has an immediate opening for an Information Technology (IT) Consultant with four to seven years’ management consulting experience, and with specialized experience supporting network infrastructure projects. This position will work directly with US Coast Guard software engineers and project managers developing and maintaining performance reports to ensure IT projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Supports the development and management of IT project plans, Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), including creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing schedules;
- Supports the development of IT project artifacts including software architecture diagrams, project charters, process guides, fact sheets, and correspondence;
- Supports the implementation of existing project plans, action plans, and internal and external communications strategies, including controlling schedule;
- Develops meeting and briefing materials, including agendas, meeting minutes, briefings, and talking points;
- Supports drafting complex client deliverables such as business case analyses, reports, whitepapers, and other complex documents;
- Provides network administration support to an enterprise wide area and local area network infrastructure;
- Recommends suitable key performance indicators (KPIs) and critical success factors (CSFs) driven by both stated requirements as well as analysis of metric data;
- Trains client personnel on project management best practices, to include the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) framework.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or a related field;
- Master’s degree in a technical field, or electrical / computer engineering degree is a plus; along with any IT certifications from companies such as Cisco, Juniper, or CompTIA.
- 4-7 years’ management consulting experience required, with at least 3 years’ specialized experience supporting IT network infrastructure;
- PMP certification desired;
- Technology experience in multiple infrastructure technologies, such as Windows Server 2008/2012, MS SQL, MS SCCM, MS SCOM, VMware vSphere VMware, Citrix XenDesktop/XenA
- General knowledge of designing, testing, maintaining, and overseeing networking hardware or software;
- General working knowledge of building network interface card circuitry for switches, routers or PC motherboards on the hardware side; and/or working knowledge on the TCP/IP protocol stack and related services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) for operating systems like Windows, Linus, or MacOS;
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle WebCenter Interaction, and other Web collaboration applications;
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, MS Project Server, and MS Project Web Access;
- Understanding of developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates);
- Exposure to ITIL, DESMF, SELC, and PMBOK principles is preferred;
- US Coast Guard experience is a plus;
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above