IT Project Manager
JPI has an opening for an IT Program Manager (PM) who will lead program management office (PMO) maturity efforts, business process improvements, and identity management strategy planning for the Identity Credential and Access Management (ICAM) program within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
This position supports the continued maturity and day-to-day management of a PMO providing ICAM services to DHS and component agencies. The role includes, but is not limited to, ICAM related activities such as framework development, enterprise architecture, operational analysis, process design, policy review/development, and governance documentation. The IT PM will be responsible for the creation and management of project schedules and work breakdown structures using such tools as Microsoft Project, Jira, and SharePoint. Facilitation of complex technically focused stakeholder meetings is required, preparing executive level presentations, performing research and analysis of various ICAM activities and subject matter, and reviewing high-level ICAM physical and logical architecture. The IT PM provides management oversight and government site task direction to a 15-20 staff contract team, which includes subject matter specialists that span multiple functions (e.g., ICAM engineers, strategic communications professionals, system architects, general management consultants).
Project Management/IT Strategy/Process Improvement (40%)
- Primary contract point-of-contact for senior government leadership
- Lead PMO efforts to develop and maintain product strategy and product roadmap
- Provide support for identity, credential, PKI, and access management including knowledge of the Federal ICAM Roadmap and HSPD-12 as well as knowledge of industry best practices.
- Evolve Agile lifecycle management processes and tools for the program providing agile coaching for Govt. executives and business analysts
- Lead efforts to gain consensus on technical decisions and drive software engineering best practices to deliver high quality results
- Lead Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) with external stakeholders to address business and architecture for system integration
- Participate in Govt. standards working groups representing needs of the program
- Provide support for program performance management and risk management activities
- Re-enforce and ensure standardization of methodology, tools and templates across all PMO projects
- Identify and recommend strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes
- Develop briefings to lead decision making on complex business and technology issues
- Lead senior technologists in conducting analysis-of-alternative (AoA) projects, rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates, and white papers
- Work with government and contract staff to ensure achievement of program and project goals and objectives within time and budget constraints
Engagement Management (25%)
- Manage projects with program’s clients and external stakeholders to establish vision for major system enhancement, federated access, and system integration projects
- Facilitate cross functional teams to drive decision making and consensus
- Lead requirements gathering and business architecture efforts, user story workshops, and AoAs
- Develop and execute project plans for engagements.
Project Management (25%)
- Manage IT projects from concept to completion, working within a highly technical environment, demonstrating technical knowledge of systems implementations, IT infrastructure and COTS implementations
- Provide guidance and writing for documentation such as technical policies, governance documents, project plans, schedules and other project management documentation, as well as architectural diagrams for identity, access management, PKI and related analysis and research papers.
- Provide proactive day-to-day project management support and advice on all assigned projects
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and work/track action items to completion
- 10+ years of experience supporting Federal Government agencies
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale project management for IT projects that integrate multiple technologies related to identity, access management, PKI, and federation
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Homeland Security Management, or related fields
- Excellent facilitation skills for cross-functional teams including Govt. executives and staff, Govt. contractors, and IT SMEs
- Proven ability to research and apply evolving industry best practices to programs to improve performance
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, or similar Agile life-cycle management tools
- Experience leading PMO teams to support software application delivery
- Strong organizational management skills including the ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, management of program and leadership consultation and experience in supporting the day-to-day operations of a high-visibility program office
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills (proven comprehension of complex technologies and ability to speak and understand in technical terms)
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or Homeland Security Management.
- Experience with federal government identity and access management (ICAM) programs
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Active Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) or DHS component equivalent