Since its founding in 2004, JPI is committed to meeting the information technology, program management and communications consulting needs of many federal clients. JPI is a growing and innovative company headquartered in Blacksburg, VA with offices in Washington, D.C., Norfolk, VA and Kearneysville, WV. We hire smart and determined people who are focused on meeting the needs and delivering results to our clients. JPI is Solutions. Delivered.
JPI has an opening for a Management Consultant with five or more years management consulting experience and three years direct project management experience. Candidate must hold a secret clearance; able to obtain a top secret clearance. This position will be working with the U.S. Coast Guard client.
- Support CGCYBER leadership in implementing strategic initiatives, maturing Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) processes, and monitoring program or project health.
- Lead the team implementation CSSP maturity initiatives providing guidance on all initiatives including technical writing, process development, toolset roll out, and requirements definition.
- Apply Project Management principles and assist in the establishment of repeatable project management and communications processes.
- Create Project Management-related strategies, plans, and toolsets.
- Recommend, draft and brief procedures to assist Project Officers with techniques for establishing and documenting project goals, creating schedules, and identifying and mitigating risk.
- Develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structures and Integrated Master Schedules.
- Develop and maintain risk and issue logs.
- Create project status briefings and reports.
- Standardize internal processes for creating project artifacts including charters, agendas, minutes, and correspondence.
- Support client in implementing ITIL practices.
- Lead and facilitate client meetings, exercises and off-sites.
- Provide peer reviews and editorial support for project documents including content, formatting, proofing, and editing.
- Provide support to the establishment of decision-making board(s) and assist in developing/implementing policies, doctrines, processes, and governance structures.
- Provide recommendations supported by analysis for prioritization of projects and allocation of resources.
- Support the organization in determining their mission, vision, goals, objectives, and priority of cyber initiatives.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic projects and assist in the development of roadmaps that identify clear timelines for meeting strategic milestones across projected fiscal years.
- Develop management tools such as dashboards and /or other reports to record and monitor portfolio health and progress against metrics.
- Assist in the development of strategic communication plans that the organization will use in informing and educating key audiences about changes to organizational structure, operational processes, and capabilities to promote understanding, relay key information, and maintain stakeholder engagement.
- Support development, management, and implementation of Communication Action Plans for key projects and initiatives.
- Lead the development of communication tools including ALCOASTs, briefings, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, articles, and internal announcements.
- Advise on and support the iterative transformation and maturity of key organizational, business and IT initiatives and infrastructure by developing and supporting the implementation of improvement plans.
- Support the development of strategies, tactics and plans that will enable the transition to new operational methods, structures, and practices, which will allow the organization to move to a future state that aligns with strategic plans and DISA guidance.
- Capture complex current and future state business processes.
- Support the analysis, gap identification, transition planning and implementation of new business practices, models, capabilities, functions, and improved levels of performance.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of Organizational Modification Requests.
- Identify strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Define and configure SharePoint solutions to streamline and automate business operations and processes to improve efficiency.
- Create centralized locations for capturing and managing all assigned tasks and displaying their status.
- Recommend and implement repository frameworks and taxonomy to optimize ease of searching for documentation and information.
- Lead the development of user and training guides.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- U.S. Citizen
- Possession of a current Secret security clearance. Able to obtain Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity or a related field. Master's Degree is a plus.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
- Certification in ITILv3 Foundations or greater desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio
- Proficiency in SharePoint configuration; SharePoint Designer a plus.
- Experience supporting Program or Project Management Offices.
- Management consulting experience required, with at least three years in project management.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Hands-on experience supporting large, complex programs and supporting Program Management Offices.
- Capability to manage projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Ability to see big picture.
- Ability to apply concepts and demonstrate thought process while developing work products.
- Familiarity in developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on developing quality work products.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to provide recommendations on how to improve client processes.