JPI has an immediate opening for a Project Management Consultant with five or more years of management consulting experience and at least three or more years direct project management experience, preferably within DHS. This position will be working within an information sharing and services program office in the Department of Homeland Security.
Project Management (60%)
· Independently provide general day-to-day project management support and advice on all assigned projects
· Lead and facilitate client meetings and work/track action items to completion
· Work with Team Lead and government client to identify and recommend strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes
Strategic Planning (10%)
· Support the development of organizational level project management policies, guidelines, procedures, supporting assets, and related metrics
· Support a wide range of strategy projects (e.g., product management, strategic planning)
· Map complex business processes and communicate process solutions to the client
Document Management (30%)
· Develop briefing materials to support governance boards, executive briefings, and project and program status reports
· Support the development and maintenance of project plans, concepts of operation (CONOPs), business requirement documents, standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as maintain these areas and other project artifacts to reflect current versions
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Project Management, Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
· At least 4-6 years of experience in IT or software development;
· At least 3 years of experience in IT project management;
· Management consulting experience required (within DHS desired)
· Strong organizational management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, management of program and leadership calendars and experience in supporting the day to day operations of a high-visibility program office.
· Experienced and comfortable with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices.
· US Citizen
· Clearable to Secret
· Project Management and IT certifications a plus (PMP, CSM, ITIL, etc)
· Experience using JIRA as a project management tool a plus
· Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint.
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.