Process Improvement Consultant
JPI has an opening for a Process Improvement Consultant with four to seven years management consulting, business process engineering, or business process management experience. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients to help map current and to-be states and develop process guides for major Cyber-CIO-C4IT Policy, Planning, and Governance, Organizational Design and Transformation initiatives.
- Mapping complex business processes and communicating processes solutions to the client
- Conducting Continous Process Improvement events with clients
- Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data to identify current and to be processes
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Developing artifacts including business process models, use cases, organizational charts, and portfolio frameworks.
- Provide coaching to senior leadership and/or client personnel.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Developing governance frameworks and detailed implementation plans.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering methodologies; Green or Yellow belt, or equivalent BPM or BPR certificate required
- Proficient in business capability mapping techniques and deliverables.
- Experience developing process guides for complex business processes.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Visio.
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.