JPI is hiring a qualified Project Manager with 3+ YOE and a Top Secret Clearance.
- Facilitation of meetings and working groups geared toward the development of strategies and solutions that address the needs stakeholders from multiple DHS Components and differing missions.
- Analyze situations and data in order to produce sound recommendations for the client related to organizational strategy and project/program management.
- Development agendas and briefings focused on achieving strategic organizational goals
- Development of work-breakdown structures and management of project tasks within the client's enterprise project management system
- Management of project timelines and risk registers for multiple initiatives across the Office of the Chief Readiness Support Officer
- Managing the formal development of new policy documents and the major revision of existing policies in line with DHS strategic goals. This includes the facilitation of content development sessions, writing new content, and engaging the formal staffing process for DHS policy documents.
- Developing formal project documentation to include project plans, charters, business cases, white papers, memoranda and reports.
- Managing the formal development of strategic documents from content development through formal staffing and signature.
- Working with governance boards, prepping materials, facilitating meetings, and assisting with meeting logistics.
- MBA or Master's degree is a plus
- PMP certification or other Project Management education is not a hard requirement but is highly desirable.
- Advanced project management experience such as developing creating integrated master schedules, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing and controlling schedule
- Experience in organizational transformation or change management preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint and Visio preferred but not required
- Experience in strategic communications and development of communications deliverables preferred but not required
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills
- Experience developing and implementing internal and external communication action plans in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience developing a variety of communications deliverables such as one pagers, fact sheets, FAQs, talking points, presentations for a variety of stakeholders, newsletters, blogs, feature stories, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven, process oriented environment
- Proven ability to define and deliver solutions independently, such as designing and delivering solutions from idea to implementation (looking for folks who can say "I drafted the outline and managed the review process" versus "we created a 10 cities report")
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism for 100% client site delivery.
- Client and service oriented.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- DHS Top Secret is a requirement. At a minimum, candidate must be clearable for Top Secret Clearance
- Management consulting experience, with at least three years of experience directly managing projects, deadlines and project teams in a client environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications or a related field.
- Hands-on experience, understanding, and demonstrated application of project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools)
- Hands-on experience managing projects and programs, project plans, and plans of action and milestones.
- Hands-on experience with MS Project or other scheduling software (ie: Primavera, MS Project Server, etc.)
- Understanding of database usage, report generation, and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in communicating and customizing complex messages so that they are easily understood by diverse stakeholder audiences
- Strong, substantive writing experience and a portfolio of products developed in prior positions (based on level of experience)
- Experience in building and managing client relationships
- Proficiency in and hands on use of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite required
- Experience in working 100% on site with federal government clients.
- Desire and commitment to strive for excellence in client and service delivery