JPI has an opening for a Project Manager with five to seven years management consulting and project management experience. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Create Project Management-related strategies and action plans
- Develop and maintain project plans and integrated master schedules
- Managing projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Coordinating all parties to tasks and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Provide coaching to senior leadership and/or client personnel.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Mapping complex business processes and communicating processes solutions to the client.
- Creating project status briefings and reports.
- Developing project artifacts including charters, agendas, minutes, and correspondence.
- Identifying risks to the trajectory of the project and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifying issues and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Must have five to six years management consulting experience and at least five years project management
- Preferred relevant experience in direct support of the US Coast Guard, Government Agencies supporting defense, Homeland Security, or law enforcement missions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Understanding and working knowledge of MS Project 2010, MS Project Server 2010, and MS Project Web Access; ability to effectively leverage MS Project capabilities and features to enhance a project's ability to be managed.
- Understanding of developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Ability to recognize new business development opportunities.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, and Microsoft Visio.
- Exposure to SDLC, ITIL, or CMMi principles preferred.
- DHS Level 3 Program Management certification or equivalent certification, preferred.
- PMP certification, or desire to attain one, preferred.
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.