Qualitly Assurance Analyst
JPI has an opening for a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst / Software Tester. The role is a multi-faceted position primarily responsible for full testing, configuration management, and testing document management activities for an IT system utilizing an Agile Management Development methodology. This position will be a key "Trusted Advisor" consultant to the Federal Test Manager and is responsible for collaborating closely with other Federal and Contractor staff to analyze, recommend and implement continuous process improvements, and provide general quality assurance expertise to a large-scale information sharing platform.
- Assist the Federal Test Manager and provide support for testing activities from the system development team to perform functional testing, performance testing, Section 508 compliance, and usability testing.
- Utilize Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) software to review, track, and execute testing procedures (JIRA, etc).
- Responsible for planning and executing User Acceptance Test, final acceptance testing for releases, and governance processes.
- Recommend testing process and procedure improvement to ensure releases are fully tested and results documented.
- Participate in IT requirements reviews to ensure user stories are testable and criteria is adequately specified.
- Work collaboratively with contractor and government personnel for acceptance testing and ensure there is a well-coordinated hand-off.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of Testing release documentation such as the Testing Readiness Review (TRR).
- Provide assistance in configuration management activities for project/release documentation and artifacts.
- Assist in gathering and analyzing detailed functional requirements.
- Provide development, review, and finalization of the program’s recurring reporting/metrics briefing material.
- Acts as an ongoing liaison between functional business experts and IT development team.
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with leadership, end users, and the client.
- Strong project management skills
- 4 + years of systems test experience
- Successful track record managing relationships with Government clients building trust and respect
- Experience supporting and maturing testing activities
- Experience supporting process improvements
- Experience working collaborating with government and contract teams
- Excellent writing skills for presentations, reports, and technical documentation with ability to translate technical details for non-technical audiences
- Ability to facilitate meetings with clients, end users, and leadership
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and impacts on testing and configuration management
- Experience using JIRA is a plus
- Experience working within DHS or one of its components is a plus