Senior Project Manager
JPI has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Manager with eight or more years of management consulting and product management/marketing experience, preferably in DHS. This position will be working with a DHS client by providing project and product management support within an information sharing and services portfolio to ensure IT projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Managing multiple projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Lead a team of mid/junior project managers and SMEs to accomplish the customer's required end-state.
- Coordinating all parties to tasks and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a the program's solution sets across teams through market requirements, product management, and positioning. Developing and implementing a program-wide go-to-market plan, working with all teams to execute.
- Create Project Management-related strategies and action plans
- Develop and maintain project plans using MS Project
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Provide coaching to senior leadership and/or client personnel.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Creating project status briefings and reports.
- Identifying issues and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
- Develop strategies, tools, and training materials as needed to support stakeholder management and implementation efforts of the program.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Project Management, Computer Science or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in IT or software development;
- At least 5 years of experience in IT project management;
- Management consulting experience required (within DHS desired)
- Strong organizational management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, management of program and leadership calendars and experience in supporting the day to day operations of a high-visibility program office.
- Experienced and comfortable with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices.
- US Citizen
- Clearable to Secret
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required;
- IT certifications a plus (CSM, ITIL, etc)
- Experience using JIRA as a project management tool a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio