Elizabeth City, North Carolina
JPI is hiring an Applications Systems Analyst to join our team to help achieve project goals by evaluating, designing, and developing computer application systems. This position will be working with US Coast Guard clients in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Partial remote work is an option.
- Participates in the design, development, analysis, and implementation of software operating systems and software application programs.
- Working under general supervision, designs software operating systems and applications, including full life cycle design and development.
- Works from specifications to develop and modify operating systems and software applications.
- Participates in the design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation of programs.
- Participates in the definition of design specifications and parameters; assists engineers or analysts with the hardware/software integration of the application or utility into software operating systems.
- Analyzes system architecture requirements; performs requirements acquisition and definition and data analysis. May customize purchased applications.
- Performs technical and subject matter research on emerging technologies to determine impacts on application execution.
- Analyzes and documents client needs and requirements.
- Participates in the writing, modifying, and maintaining technical documentation and specifications such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Performs integration testing and support of various computer operating and/or network systems.
- Debugs and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned. Participates in special projects as required.
- Minimum 1+ year of relevant experience
- Experience with principles, practices or procedures used in phases of life cycle applications and systems development, engineering, programming, or analysis
- U.S. citizenship is required. Must be clearable to Secret or higher
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with the following: Java, SQL, PHP, HTML; Cognos, .NET, SAS preferred
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.