- Attend executive meetings, take working notes on future actions, and consult on research findings.
- Diplomatically present materials and written copy to extend achievements of the client in their best possible light.
- Write and track clear and effective documents with accurate and engaging copy demonstrating high-level skill in writing and recanting current affairs.
- Work hand in hand with multiple executives and maintain awareness of the clients’ needs to publicize internally communications and other results driven notifications.
- Collaborate effectively with Executive Management, Teams, and Commanding Members of the management organization.
- Inform audiences through accurate, thorough, helpful, fair, and lively reporting and writing.
- Interface between communications support team and client team to include highly technical IT personnel and senior executives.
- Produce multimedia products including but not limited to videos.
- Develop new and maintain existing internal and external client communications deliverables including but not limited to talking points, fact sheets, briefings and briefing books, online content, podcasts, blogs, internal announcements, brochures, white papers, presentations, video scripts, and overview documents used at various external client events.
- Develop and administer online surveys. Google Forms, Survey Monkey, and other survey software.
- This position requires a self-starter with the experience, self-confidence, and executive level acumen to pursue necessary information gathering and produce well thought-out doctrine. The Strategic Communications Consultant will contribute to the positive review of accomplishments of the organization that will be presented to Executive Management as briefs.
- 5 years relevant work history.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in business, communications or a related field.
- Experience in strategic communications planning, project management, and management consulting.
- Proficiency in all Desktop Microsoft applications including: Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct independent detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Experience building and managing client relationships.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.