JPI has an opening for a Communications Consultant with 2-3 years of strategic communications, change management or marketing experience. This position will be working with US Coast Guard clients to develop and implement internal and external communications plans, strategic plans, change management plans, and their associated products.
This role is ideal for a candidate who enjoys working closely with a team as well as being trusted to independently own and produce deliverables. A large part of the work involves managing initiatives to completion and requires someone who is able to take initiative, follow through on tasks and is comfortable communicating with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a trusting relationship with the client.
- Understand the client’s priorities and provide creative ideas and strategic thought to support their mission.
- Coordinate scheduling, agendas, materials, participant lists and action items for multiple working groups and councils.
- Facilitate client meetings. Own all aspects of meeting coordination, keep meetings on-time and on agenda and follow up on action items.
- Lead development of communications deliverables and technical documents.
- Develop and maintain program organizational charts and stakeholder outreach matrices.
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans and corresponding action plans.
- Develop key messages and content for communications deliverables.
- Develop new and maintain existing internal and external client communications deliverables including but not limited to talking points, blogs, fact sheets, briefings and briefing books, online content, internal announcements, brochures, white papers, presentations, and overview documents used at various external client events.
- Coordinate with USCG offices to produce multimedia products including but not limited to infographics and video.
- Perform data analysis as requested to assist with tracking industry trends and metrics for client to include scientific, performance, or cost studies.
- Coordinate, develop and track responses to requests for information from other government agencies.
- Lead and support communications focused projects and initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and exercises.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications or a related field.
- Experience in strategic communications planning and/or management consulting.
- Comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders both orally and in email.
- Experience working with a client and prioritizing demands.
- Experience working with graphic designers is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings.
- Proven ability to support and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client and team relationships.
- Hands-on experience supporting large, complex programs and supporting program management offices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft Project desired.
- Strong, substantive writing experience and ability to provide a portfolio of products developed in prior positions (based on level of experience).
- Clearance: Ability to receive and maintain a Secret clearance.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.