JPI is hiring for a Data and Reporting Analyst with at least 8 (eight) years of experience working with projects, deadlines, and project teams in a fast-paced client environment with competing priorities and demands. This position requires a self-starter with proven analytical skills and a team mentality. Providing data analysis and visualizations in PowerBI, project support, meeting coordination and support, requirements gathering and documentation to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) programs. This role will work with a team in support of maturing the DHS OCIO Directorate while working across a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve operational success.
- Heavy emphasis on data visualization to present findings to a non-technical audience
- Collect, scrub, analyze, and report data for client programs; Generate insights from analysis of data sources to inform strategic business decisions
- Translate business and technical requirements to high-value Power BI data visualizations and reports.
- Work directly with team members to understand BI requirements and metadata, connect to data sources, import, and transform data to support client Business Intelligence requirements.
- Develop and enhance reporting capabilities to include status reports, performance measurement, and leadership updates.
- Turn project requirements into custom-formatted data reports. Analyze business procedures and recommend specific types of data that can be used to improve upon them.
- Develop meeting and briefing materials, including agendas, meeting minutes, talking points, presentations
- Facilitate client meetings, as needed
- Track all action items, client requirements, deliverables, and project plans throughout the project lifecycle
- Developing artifacts including business process models, use cases, organizational charts, and portfolio frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Preferred relevant experience in direct support of the DHS.
- At least 3 years of experience in Microsoft Power BI Development, including strong knowledge of the following: Data Analytics, Data Visualization, SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Proficiency use of Microsoft Office 365, specifically Power BI, to build and maintain dashboards to display data
- Experience working on Agile Scrum teams, tracking and managing work in Atlassian Jira
- Experience with business requirements gathering, analysis and evaluation, translating high level business requirements into user stories
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Capability to manage projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Provide exceptional organizational skills to project work and project management.
- Ability to multitask, balance competing priorities and deadlines, and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.