JPI is hiring a Senior Consultant with 12+ years of experience to join our hybrid/onsite team. The Data Governance SME will 1) Support development and operationalization of a federal data governance program in a large enterprise, 2) Contribute to strategic direction of the data governance program, 3) Create and establish alignment around short- and long-range action plans, and 4) Identify and design governance processes, standards, and policies. The Data Governance Consultant will collaborate with various groups federated through the organization (e.g., data owners and data stewards) to establish data governance roles, implement data management best practices, and ensure data readiness for mission operations.
- Work with development teams and personnel fulfilling data governance roles (technical and business data stewards) to define metadata associated with existing data feeds / datasets to populate governance tools and build out data domains.
- Understand and develop approach to implement policy requirements in toolsets to manage datasets such as documenting dataset quality, internal use, and sharing. Communicate data concepts and strategic plans with stakeholders to gain buy in for toolset use.
- Develop support plans to maintain and update associated dataset metadata to ensure continued relevance and usefulness of governance toolsets to manage data as an asset within the organization.
- Leverage the agile methodology to plan, organize, and execute Data Lifecycle Management activities and assigned tasks. Develop and refine use cases to build out data management capabilities.
- Assist with the management of data from inception to disposition, through the execution of data lifecycle related activities (including acquiring, creating or collecting, processing, dissemination, using, analyzing, storing, and disposition of data).
- Identify and document challenges / requirements to enhance information sharing and integration. Attend tabletop exercises and other events to gather information and evaluate the current operating environment. Define and validate implementation of requirements in a data environment.
- Evaluate the data services environment and provide recommendations to drive implementation of capability in the cloud to achieve data operational and sharing objectives.
- Support the creation, sustainment, and troubleshooting of operational data lineage including data storage, data transport, data management, data security, data compliance, and knowledge store management.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field. Master's Degree is a plus.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in data quality management, information architecture and governance design and implementation, with significant influence on overall direction of data management.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism for onsite client delivery.
- Eligible for USCG Public Trust
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing data guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting complex data flows.
- Familiarity in the use of data management, data quality, and data governance tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of cloud based big data frameworks and databases such as data lake, relational, graph and other no-SQL databases.
- Experience in managing enterprise data assets in a large, complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships that result in adoption of organizational change.
- Project management experience, preferably with agile methodologies, to manage initiatives and daily operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Hands on experience managing multiple projects; demonstration of a clear understanding and application of project management methodologies and advanced project management concepts, such as IMS.
- Experience in policy, standards, and process definition and implementation in the federal space.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communicator.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.