Elizabeth City, North Carolina
JPI is hiring a Database Specialist to join our team to help achieve project goals by providing database management. This position will be working be working with US Coast Guard clients in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
Open to 1099 or W2 applicants.
- Lead teams in the database design and implementation process
- Develop and test logical and physical database designs
- Review logical and physical designs of existing databases and perform tuning as the senior database specialist, to ensure maximum operating efficiency
- Perform data analysis, database design, development activities, and implementation, as directed, for databases and database conversions
- Perform database-restructuring activities
- Work with users and information systems development staff to determine data storage and access requirements
- Provide highly technical expertise and guidance in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of database management systems (DBMS)
- Evaluate and recommend available DBMS products after matching requirements with system capabilities
- Determine file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific applications.
- Control the design and use of databases.
- Control the global view of databases, the access to the databases, assures the safekeeping of the databases (from accidental or intentional damage or loss), and monitors the use of databases
- Define all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOP.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 6+ YOE in Database Management
- Experience with several architectures and platforms in an integrated environment
- Oracle 12C Experience
- Clearable to Secret
- Active DoD IAT Level II Certification
This position is eligible for relocation assistance should the candidate meet established requirements.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.