Elizabeth City, North Carolina
JPI is hiring a Helpdesk Specialist to join our team. This position provides phone and in-person support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and other applications. They may serve as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting network applications, and hardware/software PC and printer problems.
Open to W2 and 1099 applicants.
- Responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Works under immediate supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Experience developing and providing technical and end-user documents on technical services, computer hardware and application software preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience; Prior Help Desk experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PC operating systems, e.g., DOS, Windows, as well as networking and mail standards and work on a help desk.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing and a positive customer service attitude.
- Associate's degree in relevant field required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- U.S Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.