JPI has an opening for an IT Business Analyst supporting a large Agile Federal IT system with 4-6 years of experience working with Agile requirements management, traceability, and configuration management on an IT system. The position will develop, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of system customers and end users. This position mainly works with technical and outreach personnel, but should also engage other personnel as required. The Requirements Lead is involved, at some level, throughout the entire system development life cycle. Once the requirements are established, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements.
- Support the Federal Program Manager, including research, analyze, and collect detailed requirements for new user-focused functionalities
- Experience managing and leading an IT configuration control board (CCB); manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools, including change control board meetings and reviews.
- Experience collecting and documenting requirements for an agile development IT project and use of tools including JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Maintain the requirements process in accordance with the existing requirements management plan; and recommend continuous improvements to the requirements process, plan, and tools.
- Assist in maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix, Use Cases, User Stories, Mission scenarios, and all other Requirement-related artifacts.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Participate in meetings and activities related to releases and assist with related artifacts, including creating test cases and scripts, and user personas.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- A solid understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment.
- Experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, solution development and testing, application or solution support, incident and problem / risk management, change and configuration management, and release management.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, project management, or a related field.
- Significant experience writing requirements-related artifacts and using Requirement Management software products (ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, etc)
- Proficiency in and hands on use of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint and Visio preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven, process oriented environment.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information and to cope with rapidly changing information.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.