JPI has an opening for a Project Manager with at least six (6) years of management consulting and project management experience in support of Enterprise IT projects and business processes. This position will be working with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) clients to ensure implementation of IT projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Project Management (100%)
- Develop and maintain IT project plans and integrated master schedules
- Managing projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Coordinating all parties to tasks and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and serve as liaision between clients and development teams.
- Creating project status briefings and reports.
- Developing project artifacts including charters, agendas, minutes, and correspondence.
- Identifying risks to the trajectory of the project and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifying issues and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Must have at least six (6) years of management consulting experience, including two (2) years of IT project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Preferred relevant experience in direct support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Government Agencies supporting defense, Homeland Security, or law enforcement missions.
- Proficient in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical data
- Ability to read and interpret acquisition policy, regulations, and directives
- Understanding of developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Ability to recognize new business development opportunities.
- Exposure to Agile, SELC, ITSM, ITIL principles preferred.
- PMP or ITIL certifications, or desire to attain, preferred.
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.