Kearneysville, West Virginia
JPI has an opening for a Project Manager with at least five (5) years of management consulting and project management experience in support of Enterprise IT projects and business processes. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Project Management (100%)
- Provide guidance and direction for multiple projects in implementing business process development, business reengineering, and strategic business projects.
- Manage projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Coordinate across teams and with a variety of stakeholders to review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Create Project Management-related strategies and action plans
- Develop and maintain project plans and integrated master schedules
- Managing projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Mapping complex business processes and communicating processes solutions to the client.
- Creating project status briefings and reports.
- Developing project artifacts including charters, agendas, minutes, and correspondence.
- Identifying risks to the trajectory of the project and developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifying issues and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience, including at least two (2) years of management consulting or IT project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Project Management Professional or PMP certification is required. ITIL certification is highly desired
- Preferred relevant experience in direct support of the US Coast Guard, Government Agencies supporting defense, Homeland Security, or law enforcement missions.
- Proficient in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical data
- Ability to read and interpret acquisition policy, regulations, and directives
- Understanding of developing project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Ability to recognize new business development opportunities.
- Exposure to SDLC, ITSM, or CMMi principles preferred.
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.