JPI is seeking a Junior IT Project Manager with at least three (3) years of project management experience, with at least one (1) year supporting a Project Management Office (PMO) team utilizing Agile management methodologies.
Account Management (30%):
- Helps communicate a clear vision/strategy;
- Assists in setting clear priorities and aligns account activities to them;
- Helps secure follow-on work and identifies new solutions or service offerings to market to existing clients;
- Uses project management information systems to support ongoing project management efforts;
- Develops project status briefings and reports;
- Helps transform ideas into actionable communications documents and strategies;
- Participates in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
Client Services Delivery (70%):
- Supports the development and management of project plans, Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), including creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing schedule;
- Supports the development of project artifacts including charters, process guides, fact sheets, and correspondence;
- Supports the implementation of existing project plans, action plans, and internal and external communications strategies, including controlling schedule;
- Develops meeting and briefing materials, including agendas, meeting minutes, briefings, and talking points;
- Supports drafting complex client deliverables such as business case analyses, reports, whitepapers, and other complex documents;
- Provides data analytics, forecasting, performance measurement, and quantitative and qualitative metrics development;
- Supports facilitation for executive level client meetings;
- Supports management process improvement efforts.
- At least three (3) years' management consulting experience and at least one (1) year supporting a project management office (PMO) utilizing Agile management methodologies;
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, communications or a related field. MBA or Master's degree is a plus;
- Understanding of project management and Agile methodologies (processes, best practices, tools);
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience;
- Hands-on experience with MS Project, Excel, and MS Office suite required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and Visio preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with management and client personnel;
- Preferred experience in:
- Agile / Scrum client methodologies;
- Performance management;
- Risk management;
- Schedule management;
- Strategic planning;
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously while meeting milestones and deadlines;
- PMP or CAPM certification or other Project Management education/certification is a plus.
- Previous support to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or other government agency.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.