Junior Python Developer
JPI is seeking a junior Python developer. This is a great opportunity to work on the implementation of strategic technical solutions in government space while being part of a high energy team. If you have a strategic mindset and a drive to influence change with technology, then look no further than JPI. We develop and deliver impactful solutions that have transformed organizations by successfully implementing strategic initiatives, solving complex business challenges, and developing forward‐thinking technical solutions.
The developer will work across the development life cycle for data analytics solutions in USCG HR space including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment. The developer will write and refine code in alignment with team-wide best practices. Using Python, the developer will actively build solutions to help modernize USCG workforce analytics.
• Work with client teams to extract business rules and data pipelines from existing Access and Excel products.
• Work with client teams to turn business rules into usable code for model and modules in development
• Write clean and legible code in Jupyter notebooks with detailed inline documentation
• Work with Python/Data Science SME to ensure uniform implementation of coding best practices across programs
• Under the guidance of the SME assist in developing models that deploy basic predictive analytics and machine learning techniques
• Participate in A/B testing and document improvements in efficiency
• Contribute to regular project reviews and deliverables
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 2 - 4years of relevant experience
• Fluent in Python libraries for Data Analysis (Pandas, Numpy, etc.)
• Solid working knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts (in Python)
• Experience querying databases using SQL.
• MS Access and Excel knowledge required
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Detail oriented
• Good written and oral communication and soft skills
• Able to work constructively with a diverse team of data professionals
• Able to work with multiple projects in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment
• Experience working on Agile teams is a plus
• Machine Learning experience is a plus
• Knowledge of VBA is a plus