JPI has an opening for a Management Consultant/Analyst with 3-6 years of experience. This position will be working with US Coast Guard clients to support strategic plans, change management plans, working groups and their associated products.
This role is ideal for a candidate who enjoys working closely with a team as well as being trusted to independently own and produce deliverables. A large part of the work involves managing initiatives to completion and requires someone who is able to take initiative, follow through on tasks and is comfortable communicating with a wide-range of stakeholders.
This position requires a self-starter with proven leadership skills and a team mentality. Providing program management, project management, governance support, facilitation, meeting coordination and support, and strategic planning support to the USCG CG-R directorate. Leading the way through strategy and integration in support of achieving affordable readiness and operational success.
- Facilitation of meetings and working groups geared toward the development of strategies and solutions that address the needs stakeholders from multiple DHS Components and differing missions.
- Conduct research and leverage data to produce sound recommendations for the client related to organizational strategy and project/program management.
- Conducting risk assessments.
- Support documentation and development of artifacts to set enterprise goals and strategy.
- Clearly articulate and document work-breakdown structures and management of project tasks within the client's enterprise project management system.
- Provide support and rigor in management of project timelines and risk registers for multiple initiatives across the Mission Support enterprise.
- Support development of new policy documents and the major revision of existing policies in line with DCMS strategic goals. This includes the facilitation of content development sessions, writing new content, and engaging the formal staffing process for USCG policy documents.
- Developing formal project documentation to include project plans, charters, business cases, white papers, memoranda and reports.
- Develop and maintain formal development of strategic documents from content development through formal staffing and signature.
- Working with governance boards, prepping materials, facilitating meetings, and assisting with meeting logistics.
- Experience in organizational transformation or change management preferred but not required.
- Some experience developing business requirements, conducting risk assessments, and reviewing staffing resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products.
- Experience in strategic communications and development of communications deliverables preferred but not required
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and data management skills.
- Experience in government or federal consulting.
- Experience developing a variety of communications deliverables such as one pagers, fact sheets, FAQs, talking points, presentations for a variety of stakeholders, newsletters, blogs, feature stories, etc.
Transferable Skills for Management Consulting:
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Thinking ‘two steps ahead’ and being prepared for what the client will need next.
- Taking initiative vs. waiting to be told what to do.
- Managing multiple tasks and prioritizing according to importance.
- Flexibility to pivot and adapt to changes in direction of new things.
- Considering the details and ensuring accuracy in the small things.
- Building rapport with colleagues and clients. Developing a reputation as someone who is responsive and trustworthy.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.