JPI is hiring for a Policy Analyst with at least 3 years of experience working with projects, deadlines, and project teams in a fast-paced client environment with competing priorities and demands. This position requires a self-starter with proven analytical skills and a team mentality. Providing analysis and visualizations, project support, meeting coordination and support, requirements gathering and documentation to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Records and Information Management (RIM) Program. This Consultant will work with a team in support of maturing the DHS OCIO RIM Program while working across a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve operational success. The ideal candidate will be have experience and working knowledge of Records Management best practices, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regulations, and federal legislative mandates around records.
- Assistance with “Ask a Records Officer” project which provides support to DHS HQ, OCIO, and Components on RIM questions, issues, or concerns and with Onsite Records Training and Assessments (in-person and telephonic assistance for records management topics and one-off issues).
- Assistance with strategic planning, risk management, schedule and implementation management of the Records Management and Information Management (RIM) program, including performance management throughout the program/project throughout the lifecycle.
- Assistance in the development and implementation of recurring, in-person and online or automated training programs, how-to guides, and presentations.
- Analysis, recommendation, and execution support to streamline the Annual DHS internal assessment that demonstrates the growth and path to improvement for Component RIM programs.
- Assistance in the development of a DHS RIM Certification Program.
- Assistance with the RIM governance Boards to include support to the respective Chairpersons on agenda development, meeting execution and follow up actions.
- Assistance with the Essential Records activities including support for the quarterly assessment and assisting with providing awareness and training on essential records activities across the enterprise.
- Assistance with off-site records transfers as needed.
- Assistance with General Records Schedule (GRS) Management: provide support to the RIM Liaison to NARA, DHS Components, and DHS Privacy Office regarding updates to GRS disposition schedules and Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTAs) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs).
- Bachelor's degree in policy analysis, public administration, library and information science, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Preferred relevant experience in direct support of the DHS.
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical and non-technical data.
- Ability to read and interpret RIM government policy, regulations, and directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Capability to assist projects of high complexity and ensure project completion within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Provide exceptional organizational skills to project work and project management.
- Ability to multitask, balance competing priorities and deadlines, and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Clearable to Public Trust
- Knowledgeable of 36 CFR Chapter 12 Subchapter B, National Archives and Records Administration and Office of Management and Budget M-19-21 standards, and other key RIM federal standards
- Prior DHS policy writing and senior level engagement experience
- Prior experience with developing records retention schedule for a federal agency
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.