JPI is hiring for a Management Consultant with at least 5 years of experience directly managing projects, deadlines, and project teams in a fast-paced client environment with competing priorities and demands.This position will be working with the U.S. Coast Guard client and requires a self-starter with proven leadership skills and a team mentality. Providing program management, project management, governance support, facilitation, meeting coordination and support, and process improvement and documentation to the USCG Office of Cyberspace Forces. Leading the way through strategy and integration in support of maturing the USCG’s cyber capabilities from a programmatic perspective and working across a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve operational success. ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED (Top Secret Preferred).
This position is expected in the near future, and we anticipate staff starting by March 15th.
- Serve as project manager on multiple, concurrent cyber projects applying project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools).
- Coordinate multiple assignments and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and exercises.
- Communicate project status and results effectively to all leadership levels.
- Support the organization in defining and refining their mission, vision, goals, objectives, and priority of initiatives.
- Develop and create Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS); including defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing and controlling schedules.
- Experience supporting business process reengineering/process improvement efforts with an understanding of how to apply lean principles.
- Define and implement custom client solutions in SharePoint (2010) and provide recommendations based on knowledge management best practices.
- Read and interpret government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Lead the development of communication tools including ALCOASTs, briefings, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, articles, and internal announcements.
- Balance competing priorities and manage time constraints and aggressive timelines.
- Provide proactive risk mitigation strategies and understand when to elevate issues to project leadership.
- Provide exceptional organizational skills to project work and project management.
- Build professional client relationships through exceptional client service and deliverables.
- Develop and present technical briefs to nontechnical audiences in an easily understandable and digestible manner.
- Ability to multitask, balance competing priorities and deadlines, and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications, engineering, or a related field; Master's Degree is a plus.
- Active Secret Clearance, Top Secret preferred.
- Interest in IT and cybersecurity required; experience managing IT or cybersecurity projects preferred.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Microsoft Project and Visio preferred.
- Proficiency in SharePoint design and configuration; SharePoint Designer and InfoPath preferred.
- Experience using MS Project and/or other scheduling software.
- Hands on experience managing multiple projects; demonstration of a clear understanding and application of project management methodologies and advanced project management concepts, such as IMS.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communicator.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism for onsite client delivery.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.