Elizabeth City, North Carolina
JPI is hiring a Risk Analyst to join our team to help achieve project goals by managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
Open to W2 and 1099 applicants.
- The Risk Analyst, under supervision will perform risk analysis/risk assessments and define security requirements for all ISD support IT systems.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions to IT system security requirements. As well as gather and organize technical information about existing security products, authorized vulnerability management policies, and procedures.
- Assist the Security Controls Auditor in validating the security controls and the Risk Management Framework eMASS inputs for all ISD managed and maintained systems and will conduct an analysis of system vulnerability management, remediation solutions, and develop the necessary plan of action and milestones.
- Ensure the risk analysis is consistent with applicable regulations and policies, while also ensuring the analysis will support internal or external compliance.
- evaluate, tests, monitor, and maintain information security policies, procedures, and systems such as hardware, firmware, and software. The incumbent will ensure security design, controls, and procedures are aligned with information security standards and are appropriate to mitigate risk of exposure.
- Identifies security violations, determines cause, and implements procedures to prevent future incidents. Under direct supervision, performs routine assignments as an entry level professional. Develops core job competencies with existing procedures by solving standard problems.
- Manage multiple concurrent project tasks, develop schedules, and formulate plans and milestones and draft correspondence, reports, white papers, minutes, spreadsheets, communications products, briefs, and other documentation as needed.
- Identify and develop methods, plans, and documents to streamline operating procedures, reports, and systems to improve operations, achieve savings, and encourage long range planning to assure the program/project produces results in a cost-effective manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Risk Management, Cyber Security, Business, Project Management, or a related area OR a High School Diploma with IT certification and three (3) years’ hands on experience in one in information security, cyber security, or related discipline.
- The applicant is preferred to have intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in security control frameworks and risk models including NIST and CMMC.
- Experience performing compliance and risk assessments with NIST SP 800-171.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to control and facilitate meetings.
- Candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must possess strong oral communication and written comprehension capabilities.
- This is an IAT-II Level/. MUST possess CompTIA SEC+ or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.