JPI is seeking a self-starter with to assist senior-level clients and leadership within the U.S. Coast Guard Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1) in a wide-range of efforts including project/program management, organizational redesign, process analysis and refinement, strategic planning, and facilitation of integrated project teams.
At JPI, we develop and deliver impactful solutions that have transformed organizations by successfully implementing strategic initiatives, solving complex business challenges, and developing forward‐thinking technical solutions. Candidates being considered for this role should be able to address client needs, identify opportunities for organizational improvements, and build organizational competencies in strategy development and execution.
- Lead and/or facilitate meetings and working groups geared toward the development of strategies and solutions that address the needs of stakeholders across the client space.
- Conduct detailed research and analysis of technical data to provide informed guidance/recommendations related to organizational strategy and project/program management.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel while having ability to provide coaching to senior leadership and/or client personnel.
- Provide support to senior clients in management of project timelines and risk registers for multiple initiatives across the directorate as they relate to strategic planning, change management and communications.
- Contribute to and manage the formal development and revision of both new and existing policy documents that align to strategic goals of client and the CG Enterprise.
- Manage and develop strategic documents and artifacts that clearly articulate enterprise goals and strategies.
- Develop and maintain client program organizational charts and stakeholder outreach matrices.
- Contribute to and manage the development and execution of strategic communications plans and corresponding action plans.
- Support the development of new, and maintain existing, internal and external client communications deliverables including, but not limited to – talking points, fact sheets, briefings, online content, external/internal announcements, brochures, white papers, etc.
- Facilitate client meetings and exercises to understand and document full scope of deliverable requirements.
- Must have at least 4-5 years’ experience in management consulting, project management, or related field.
- Experience developing and implementing both management consulting and project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, templates, etc.).
- Experience in building and managing senior client relationships.
- Candidate must be coachable, resourceful and have the ability to work effectively independently and in large team settings to include close collaboration with senior clients and program managers.
- Understanding and working knowledge of MS suite including SharePoint, Project, Visio, and Excel.
- Experience directly managing projects, deadlines, and project teams.
- Experience leading the planning and development of key strategic messaging/communications or talking points.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex/diverse information that appeals to all desired audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience in communicating and customizing strategic messaging that is easily understood by diverse stakeholder audiences and business units.
- Experience owning client deliverables from concept to completion (i.e. briefs, brochures, strategic plans, playbooks, and brief web-ready videos) for sponsored project/program office initiatives.
- PMP or other related industry certification is a plus.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.