This position requires a self-starter with proven leadership skills and a team mentality. Providing program and project management, process improvement and documentation, governance support, facilitation, and meeting coordination and support to the USCG Office of Cyberspace Forces. This role supports maturing the U.S. Coast Guard’s (USCG) cyber capabilities and working across a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve operational success. JPI is hiring for a Management Consultant with at least 8 years of experience directly managing projects, deadlines, and project teams in a fast-paced client environment with competing priorities and demands. ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED (Top Secret Strongly Preferred).
• Serve as project manager applying project management methodologies and best practices.
• Develop content, including briefings, issue papers, and process documentation.
• Support business process reengineering/process improvement efforts.
• Read and interpret government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to activities and work products.
• Develop and present technical briefs to nontechnical audiences in an easily understandable and digestible manner.
• Coordinate multiple assignments and develop work products with completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
• Lead and facilitate client meetings.
• Provide active collaboration and demonstrate teamwork in all efforts.
• Communicate project status and results effectively to all leadership levels.
• Balance competing priorities and manage time constraints and aggressive timelines.
• Provide proactive risk mitigation strategies and understand when to elevate issues to project leadership.
• Provide exceptional organizational skills to project work and project management.
• Build professional client relationships through exceptional client service and deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in business, management, or a related field; Master's Degree is a plus.
• 8+ years in project management and/or management consulting
• Active Secret Clearance, Top Secret strongly preferred.
• Understanding of information technology (IT) and cybersecurity required; experience managing IT or cybersecurity projects preferred.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience using MS Project and/or other scheduling software.
• Hands on experience managing multiple projects; demonstration of a clear understanding and application of project management methodologies and advanced project management concepts.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communicator.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers.
• Familiarity with Department of Homeland Security (DHS), US Coast Guard preferred, or the Federal cyber community preferred.
• Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism for onsite client delivery.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.