JPI has an opening for a Project Manager with a strong strategic communications background, with 5+ years of management consulting experience in communications and strategic planning, preferably in USCG or DHS. This position will be working with senior USCG clients providing support for the management and oversight of the enterprise strategic plan development and implementation effort, communications strategy and implementation, facilitation, and overarching prioritization of efforts to mature the Coast Guard’s cyber program. ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED.
This position is expected in the near future, and we anticipate staff starting by March 15th.
- Work with clients to mature the Coast Guard’s Cyber capability from a programmatic perspective
- Manage multiple projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Support the development of communication tools including briefings, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, articles, and internal announcements.
- Balance competing priorities and manage time constraints and aggressive timelines.
- Provide exceptional organizational skills to project work and project management.
- Build professional client relationships through exceptional client service and deliverables.
- Develop briefs tailored to varying audiences (senior leaders to action officers) in an easily understandable and digestible manner.
- Ability to multitask, balance competing priorities and deadlines, and work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Work with senior CG officers and civilian project managers and SMEs to identify the path to reach the client’s required end-state; execute / implement to meet the desired end-state.
- Draft implementation plans, including governance structures, prioritized initiatives, performance metrics, and measures.
- Develop and maintain project plans using MS Project.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel and team members.
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and exercises, to include but not limited to working sessions, brainstorming sessions, and other client meetings.
- Create project status briefings and reports and provide professional products to clients.
- Develop strategies, tools, and training materials as needed to support implementation efforts.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Develop Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS); including defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing and controlling schedules.
- Define and implement custom client solutions in SharePoint (2010).
- Read and interpret government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public affairs, business administration, business management, communications, or related field
- Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in project management and/or strategic communications
- Management consulting experience required (within USCG or DHS desired)
- Strong organizational management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, management of program and leadership calendars, and experience in supporting the day to day operations of a high-visibility program office
- Must have an interest in cybersecurity
- Clearance: Ability to receive and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.