Elizabeth City, North Carolina
JPI is hiring a Systems Engineer to join our team to help achieve project goals by managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
Open to 1099 or W2 applicants.
- Performs in all phases of systems development and implementation, with special emphasis on study and analysis, and testing and acceptance phases.
- Performs evaluation of current IT operations in order to determine multi-year projections for personnel, hardware, and software.
- Participates in hardware/software evaluations.
- Supports systems analysts, as well as Government personnel to ensure that the problem has been properly identified and that the solution shall satisfy the customer's requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in IT specialties not covered by other specialists.
- Capable of defining all required database administration policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and SOP
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in current operating systems
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (engineering, computer science, etc.) required
- Must be clearable to Secret or higher
- Systems analysis in a specialized IT area(s), e.g. telecommunications, operating systems software, software/hardware integration, software validation, and verification preferred
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience with Oracle SQL or Ingres
This position is eligible for relocation assistance should the candidate meet established requirements.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.